How to count your windows
Provide your window counts here:
- Any piece of glass greater than 1 square foot and surrounded by frame.
TDLs (True Divided Lite)
- Any piece of glass 1 square foot or smaller and surrounded by frame.
**NOTE: Some windows create the TDL affect by having grids between the inner and outer panes of glass. These are standard panes.
- Cleaning your screens extends the life of your window cleaning. It is an optional service.
- Removing and replacing your screens during the window cleaning process is no charge. So, if you don't want your screens cleaned, there is no need to provide a count.
Storm Windows - Panes and TDLs
- Storm windows are an extra layer of windows installed in a window openning to increase insulation values. (See the picture on the left.)
- Many modern homes do not have storm windows.
- One major exception is the Pella company. Very often, Pella windows have a removeable storm pane. You can often tell if you have Pella storms by the clips that are mounted around the perimeter of your inside pane. An example of a Pella (screen) clip is in the picture on the right.
- Use the guidelines for standard panes and TDLs to evaluate and count your storm windows.
Does all of this seem a little overwhelming?
Don't sweat it. Call, email, or submit a bid request on our contact form.
We will be hapy to stop by at no charge and provide you with a no-obligation bid.